Hyundai Capital Bank Europe is the first non-European financial services company to obtain a full banking license from European Central Bank. The newly established Bank, based in Frankfurt am Main, is the European subsidiary of South Korean Hyundai Capital Services Inc. in Seoul. With more than 10,000 employees worldwide, we are the leading company in the financing and leasing of Hyundai and Kia vehicles.
As the captive bank of the Hyundai Motor Group and its brands Kia Motors and Hyundai Motors, Hyundai Capital Bank Europe has supported the distribution of Kia and Hyundai vehicles in Germany since September 2016. To further develop our young automotive bank, we are looking for highly motivated employees. In an innovative company with an exceptional corporate culture, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute your ideas in our fast-growing business and implement them accordingly. All of this in an international working environment in the heart of the German banking metropolis. Exciting opportunities await, join us today!
We are looking for Senior Financial Controller to work with us.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for meeting HCBE’s objectives through development, implementation, execution, and supervision of all aspects of the controlling function, with a primary focus on:
- Business planning and budgeting,
- Budget monitoring and control,
- Corporate and organizational performance monitoring,
- Product profitability and pricing, and
- Managerial reporting,
- Re/defining and managing the controlling strategy
Your role is an internal advisor for senior leadership, who can provide analysis and insights as well as identify necessities and available opportunities to improve business performance.
YOUR MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Define, rollover and adjust holistic (medium/long term) business plan (3-5 years) to be partially further detailed later on as part of annual budgeting process
- Ensure financial planning & analysis for the profit & loss statement, the balance sheet, divisions, profit/cost/service centers, and products
- Keep track of actuals and forecasts of the monthly, quarterly and annual performance and compare and analyze actuals & forecasts with original budgets (variance analysis)
- Develop, implement and continuously improve corporate performance through product and program profitability monitoring system, corporate performance monitoring system, and process innovation monitoring system
- Provide profitability models based on periodic vs. present-value assessment
- Track and deliver divisional & profit/cost/service center cost control and coordinate the initiatives & action plans to achieve best practice ratios
- Track and deliver divisional & profit/cost/service center productivity control and coordinate the initiatives & action plans to achieve best practice ratios
- Deliver (model-based) product profitability assessments & pricing recommendations
- Identify & track the full set of appropriate KPIs and define related reporting pack to drive transparency and proactive business decision making processes
- Provide the rationale for identified variances and autonomously suggest proactive actions (e.g. mitigation efforts to close the gaps)
- Ensure integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of a comprehensive management reporting
- Act as business and strategic advisor to senior leadership and in-house partner for financial and business forecasting, pricing, resource allocation, risk management, process and policy design, and cost & performance monitoring and control
- Continuously development of long-range strategic planning and ensure implementation by instituting appropriate measurement and control systems
- Act as a supporting pillar (where applicable: as project management office) for internal strategic initiatives (analysis and definition of derived concepts)
- Foster all strategic initiatives cross-functional and interorganizational with the local finance-expertise to accomplish strategic objectives & ensure alignment with the forecast & business planning
- Closely interact with various stakeholders, especially with HQ for regular reporting and specific information requirements; with our risk department on risk controlling issues as well as with regulatory bodies and their representatives on specific requirements and other investigations
- Help to manage our finance department
- Identify, integrate and improve appropriate software applications and tools for Controlling information support, analysis & decision making
- Observe, identify, and (where applicable) adapt new trends in controlling
YOUR PROFILE, we are looking for:
Education & Experiences
- University degree in Business Administration (finance, accounting, etc.), mathematics or computer science required (Bachelor or Master)
- CFA or CPA credentials preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of recent Controlling experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial modeling and forecasting
- Minimum of 3 years of recent banking experience
- Experience with (captive) auto financing and/or process innovation organization preferred
- Experience with the (re-)development & implementation of Controlling strategy
- Successful track record in project-related work environments
- Experience within an international organization preferred
- Resilient knowledge in Accounting, Regulatory Reporting and Treasury
- Very strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills balanced with execution skills
- Strong language skills in English and German (verbal/written)
- Ability to analyze the competitive and economic dynamics affecting the business
- Highly numerate, rigorous thinking, exceptional attention to details
- Strong ability to work autonomously while integrating smoothly into the overall bank & finance team (strong team orientation)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficient computing skills with all common office programs
- Proficient computing skills with business information & analysis tools preferred
You will stand out if you have these Competencies
- Solid work ethic and strong dedication to excellence & delivering results
- Highly numerate, rigorous thinking
- Ability to work in a highly time sensitive, dynamic and growing environment
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
- Team orientation
In addition to an attractive compensation package, we offer a company pension plan as well as other interesting fringe benefits such as flexible working hours and mobile working.
A large scope for decision-making and action with flat hierarchies and a very good team spirit. An international corporate culture with career prospects that promotes your personal development and growth.
The opportunity to make a difference with your work and your ideas and leave your own footprints.
Last but not least: A modern workplace in the heart of the banking metropolis Frankfurt am Main with ideal transport connections.
We are looking forward to your application. Please send it to , stating your availability and salary expectations with the subject „Financial Controller“.
You can find out how we handle your application data here.