Hyundai Capital Bank Europe is the first non-European financial services company to obtain a full banking license from European Central Bank. The newly established Bank, based in Frankfurt am Main, is the European subsidiary of South Korean Hyundai Capital Services Inc. in Seoul. With more than 10,000 employees worldwide, we are the leading company in the financing and leasing of Hyundai and Kia vehicles.
As the captive bank of the Hyundai Motor Group and its brands Kia Motors and Hyundai Motors, Hyundai Capital Bank Europe has supported the distribution of Kia and Hyundai vehicles in Germany since September 2016. To further develop our young automotive bank, we are looking for highly motivated employees. In an innovative company with an exceptional corporate culture, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute your ideas in our fast-growing business and implement them accordingly. All of this in an international working environment in the heart of the German banking metropolis. Exciting opportunities await, join us today!
We are looking for Risk Controller to work with us.
The Team Risk Control has a mission statement that is being responsible for operating the risk control function at HCBE in compliance with the MaRisk, Banco Santander as well as Hyundai Capital Services group guidelines. This does include the oversight function for the entire spectrum of delivered services through Banking as a Service (BaaS, at least ICAAP, appropriate loss loan reserves calculation, IRRBB, ILAAP and a sound reporting/ consultation on all risk categories to senior management and shareholders). Moreover, development and alignment of coherent risk strategy/ risk appetite statement, as well as performance of Risk Identification and Risk Control Self assessments are key responsibilities of the Risk Control Team.
YOUR MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Maintain and further develop a group risk controlling framework for HCBE (throughout entities and branches) in coherence with joint venture internal and external requirements
- Maintain and further develop an internal risk controlling system
Streamline materials for risk management instruments
- Perform regular assessment for oversight of BaaS results adequacy for such topics as ICAAP, ILAAP, IRRBB, LLR, IRBA, OpRisk, Residual Value Risk and stress tests results
- Perform regular assessment of subsidiaries as economic oversight
Coordinate the operational risk management (incl. risk self-assessment and incident database) with tight servicer alignment and internal operational risk coordinators
- Prepare the risk reporting to senior management and shareholders on all risk categories as well as coordinate ad-hoc risk reports
- Prepare and actively contribute to Risk Control and Risk Approval Committees
- Coordinate the change processes according to MaRisk AT 8 and group standards
- Perform control of and confirm trades closed in the front office (data validation and market conformity checks) for funding and hedging products
- Close cooperation with other areas of the bank (e.g., treasury, controlling, sales)
- Other risk management related topics in tight alignment with reporting lines (e.g. perform control of and confirm trades closed in the front-office)
YOUR PROFILE, we are looking for:
Education & Experiences
- University degree (M.Sc.) with quantitative focus
- Several years of experience within risk controlling or risk management of a (captive) bank, consulting and/or auditing experiences preferred
- Experience in developing and challenging methodologies and procedures on capital and liquidity adequacy assessment processes, credit, market and operational risk management, and the new product process (internal control system know how from advance) Experience in development of a management information system (MIS)
- Experience within an international environment is a plus
- Knowledge of the banking regulations (at least MaRisk and CRR)
- (Very) Good analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly communication to senior-level management (English and German)
You will stand out if you have these Competencies
- Solid work ethic and strong dedication to excellence & delivering results
- Highly numerate, rigorous thinking
- High degree of self-initiative, autonomous working style and result-oriented mindset
- Flexibility in following tight deadlines and organizing work under high pressure
In addition to an attractive compensation package, we offer a company pension plan as well as other interesting fringe benefits such as flexible working hours and mobile working.
A large scope for decision-making and action with flat hierarchies and a very good team spirit. An international corporate culture with career prospects that promotes your personal development and growth.
The opportunity to make a difference with your work and your ideas and leave your own footprints.
Last but not least: A modern workplace in the heart of the banking metropolis Frankfurt am Main with ideal transport connections.
We are looking forward to your application. Please send it to , stating your availability and salary expectations with the subject „Risk Controller“.
You can find out how we handle your application data here.